Customized Training to Help Your Business Win
It’s not rocket science, it’s brain science! Using the latest in neuroscience research, Holly G. Green teaches your organization how to think and act differently to develop a culture of excellence and stay focused on winning every day.
Holly’s on-demand learning sessions:
- Are customized to the unique needs of your organization
- Range from 45 minutes to full-day workshops
- Can be delivered in person, via interactive webinars, or as workbook sessions
- Include follow-up neuroprompts after each session to reinforce key learnings
Using Your Brain to Win in Today’s Hyper-Paced World
Your brain is your most powerful competitive weapon – if you know how to use it properly. Learn the latest in brain science techniques to get your entire organization focused on winning.
Teaching your organization how to win requires a deeper understanding of how the brain works and how it often gets in the way of winning. Leveraging the latest in neuroscience, this session provides proven tools, techniques and tips for learning how to:
- Avoid getting blinded by your own data
- Make better management decisions
- Slow down to go fast
- Get and stay clear on the goals
- Stage your field of vision
- Question the right answer and explore the second right answer
- Use your brain to win every day
You’ll practice playing with your brain and walk away with practices you can immediately put to use to be even more successful!
Innovating Every Day
In today’s markets, you either innovate or get left behind. Holly teaches how to identify what prevents your organization from innovating, how to get unstuck, and how to innovate every day to stay one step ahead of the competition.
The biggest threat to your business isn’t new technologies, changing markets or unseen competitors. It’s what you think you know and what made you successful to date. An interactive, upbeat approach to incorporating innovation and thinking differently into almost everything you do, this session focuses on:
- Exploring how and why success can get you in trouble
- Exposing unhelpful decision-making and thinking processes
- Asking the right questions to drive results
- Changing your thinking to get clear on what is possible
- Unlearning tried and true “innovation eradicators”
- Making innovation an everyday activity rather than a random event
You’ll learn how your brain works to keep you stuck in the past, and then develop strategies for getting unstuck, replacing the old with the new, and staying focused to get the results you want.
Oh the Things You Can Thunk!
Unfettered thinking is a critical skill for today’s business leaders. In this Dr. Seuss inspired look at the wondrous workings of the human brain, Holly unlocks the secrets of creativity to help you build new pathways to success.
Our ability to imagine is one of the most remarkable aspects of the human brain. Yet, even though we can think just about anything imaginable, our brains need prompts to help us use this skill well. In this unique Dr. Seuss inspired presentation, Holly uses the latest in brain science techniques to explore:
- How to identify the imaginings that will help your organization thrive
- When to use the power of your brain to generate more ideas versus executing on what you already have
- How to engage the brains of everyone in your organization to create new neural connections that contribute to success
As the good doctor said, “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” After this fun and practical presentation, you’ll steer a lot better and get where you want to go by learning how to ponder all the things you can thunk!
Expose Yourself to Communicate More Effectively!
Getting ahead in the business world requires the ability to communicate with precision and clarity. Holly demonstrates how to expose yourself (legally and appropriately of course!) to gain clarity in your communications and get where you want to go.
Is it important for you to establish and maintain credibility? To communicate more effectively to achieve results through others? This session uses advanced neuroscience principles to teach a powerful yet simple process that helps you understand:
- Why and how you think and behave the way you do at work
- How to make your thinking more visible
- How to effectively test your conclusions and assumptions
- How to expose your thinking to gain understanding and buy-in to your ideas
- How to expose the thinking of others to align, engage and get everyone working together
You’ll gain tools and techniques for engaging and aligning with others more effectively, and for triggering new thoughts and approaches that lead to superior results.
Developing Strategic Agility
In today’s chaotic business climate, strategic agility is the #1 competitive advantage. Learn how to dominate your market by developing the ability to move fast with focus and flexibility in rapidly changing markets.
Everything in today’s world says run! Go fast! And often times running fast means having to do it over again. That’s why strategic agility – the ability to move fast with flexibility and focus – has become today’s #1 competitive advantage.
Holly teaches organizations how to slow down to get it right the first time, so you get there before the competition. You’ll learn and practice how to:
- Get clear on winning
- Define, with specificity, what winning looks like
- Determine what you need to do to get there
- Pause and focus on the right things
- Respond to change without losing focus
You’ll walk away with the insights and tools you need to complete your strategic framework, create a destination model (your detailed version of success), and get clear on your stakeholders and your value to them.
Who Am I & Who the Heck Are You?
Ready for an upbeat and interactive look at decision-making, data gathering, and communication styles? Utilizing the Myers-Briggs Temperament Sorter, Holly teaches how to communicate, align, focus, and collaborate more effectively to achieve new levels of business success.
Do you sometimes wonder why we can’t all just get along and work together? The good news is we can – by learning more about how people think and make decisions differently.
Using the Myers-Briggs Temperament Sorter, Holly shows how our basic temperaments guide our decision-making, data gathering, communication, and living styles. Then she teaches how to understand these innate differences to communicate and collaborate more effectively to achieve new levels of success.
- A new self-awareness of your own preferences
- Why some people drive you crazy and what to do about it
- How adults make decisions and get to actions
- How to make better decisions – for yourself and for others
This presentation can be combined with the core elements of the Using Your Brain to Win In Today’s Hyper-Paced World for a more in-depth learning session.
Living & Thriving @ the Pace of Change
The human brain was not designed to work effectively at the pace we are expected to move today. Using self-assessment worksheets and interactive learning, Holly shows how to retrain your brain to truly thrive in an environment of constant change and distraction
The human brain was not designed to work effectively at the pace we are expected to move today. Yet we try to do it anyway, which causes some ineffective and sometimes harmful behaviors at work.
Holly teaches how to retrain your brain to truly thrive in an environment of constant change and distraction. In this fast-moving keynote, you’ll explore:
- Why parts of the brain are not well suited for today’s hyper-fast world
- How and why you get caught in nonproductive “busyness”
- How to navigate through typical reactions to change
- How to rebuild and maintain resilience during significant change
- How to remain focused and energized on achieving desired results
You’ll come away with practical tools and techniques for working more efficiently and effectively – even when operating at today’s faster-than-normal pace.
Bringing Your Strategic Plan to Life, Phase I – Setting the Stage
Having a strategic plan or set of goals is the easy part. Bringing them to life is much harder. Learn how to create the employee touchpoints that will align and focus your organization on achieving things in the right way every day.
This session lays the foundation for success by teaching:
- What information to share
- Who to share it with, in what order
- How to set yourself and others up to be more successful
- Demonstrating a winning mindset
- Embedding strategic thinking in your ways of working
- How to expose your thinking to align others in making better decisions
Get ready to roll up your sleeves and start developing the skills you need to make the critical leap from planning to executing with precision and focus!
Bringing Your Strategic Plan to Life, Phase II – Communicating with Intention
In Phase I, you launched strategies for bringing your strategic plan to life every day. Now learn how to communicate what is most important to keep everyone focused on achieving your goals
In Phase I, you learned critical strategies for bringing your strategic plan to life every day. This session builds on that foundation by teaching how to communicate what is most important to keep everyone focused on what needs to happen to achieve your goals.
- How to communicate successfully
- What to communicate and when
- How to use language to shift mindsets
- How to measure the progress and effectiveness of your communications
Using Your Brain to Get Great at Feedback
Giving great feedback is essential for encouraging, inspiring and motivating people to do their best. Learn how and when to give feedback that improves performance and drives your organization to win. Learn more.
In winning organizations, feedback is the breakfast of champions. Are you constantly waiting and hoping that people will figure things out on their own? Or are you giving people the feedback they need to hear every day in a multitude of ways?
In this session you’ll learn and practice:
- The basic principles of effective feedback
- When to give it
- When to combine constructive with positive feedback
- How to plan and initiate a feedback conversation
- How to avoid common feedback mistakes
- How to avoid the games that get played in feedback conversations
- Using feedback to improve employee performance
When people know how they’re doing and what they need to do to improve, you’ll be amazed at what your organization can accomplish!
Our Brains and Leading Others: The Basics of Achieving Performance Excellence
Are you ready to become more effective at leading people to achieve the results you want? Then sign up today to learn the core leadership behaviors that help create and sustain a culture of excellence in your organization
You’re sure you communicated expectations to everyone. And you’re positive you explained what needed to get done. But it still didn’t happen. Don’t worry, you’re not crazy. In fact, this situation is normal, which is why most organizations don’t win.
The good news is you can become more effective at leading people by practicing several core leadership behaviors that support achieving excellence. In this workshop, you will learn:
- What different generations want in today’s workplace
- The essential characteristics of successful cultures
- What, when and how to communicate more effectively
- How to give effective feedback (positive and constructive)
- How to remove barriers to winning attitudes and actions
This session also includes a self-assessment tool to help understand your leadership strengths and weaknesses and identify areas for improvement.
Directing, Developing & Delegating to Others
Leadership is all about getting results through others. Get ready to achieve breakthrough results by learning about and practicing these mandatory leadership skills. Gain practical experience on when to use which style to achieve your objectives.
As business leaders, the predominant style we use to manage people can often get in the way of our own, and others, success. To create more collaboration and less conflict, this session teaches how to:
- Define excellence at the individual level
- Effectively document performance
- Understand employees’ individual preferences for receiving feedback
- Prepare for performance reviews
- Know when to direct, delegate or develop
- How to do each more effectively
You’ll gain more understanding of how people respond to your leadership style while developing greater flexibility in your ability to interact with others.
The Secrets to Becoming An Employer of Choice
Do you struggle to recruit top talent? Do you often lose your best people to other companies? Give your business the winning edge by learning what it takes to attract and retain high performers.
Hiring top talent starts with becoming an employer of choice. And as the pool of available talent continues to decrease, learning how to attract and retain top performers becomes even more important.
In this session you will:
- Understand the key elements required to become a “Best Place to Work” organization
- Explore the employee lifecycle – from recruiting to retaining, engaging and rewarding – and learn strategies for becoming even more successful at each stage
- Receive tools, tips and guidance on managing and leading high performers, including the criteria used for the annual “Best Places to Work” survey
- Develop an action plan for yourself and your organization to become even better at what you do and how you do it
Overworked and Overwhelmed? How To Use Stress Your Advantage
Is stress undermining your performance as a leader? Learn how to use your brain to develop resilience, tolerance and emotional intelligence to reduce stress and help your organization win.
Today’s world moves increasingly faster. We must sort through more information than ever. And our brains are not set up to manage it well. It’s no wonder we’re so stressed out!
Yet, stress can actually help us improve performance when we understand, embrace and learn how to manage it. After completing this session, you will be able to:
- Understand how much stress is too much
- Increase your resilience and tolerance to stress
- Develop your emotional intelligence
- Minimize and leverage everyday work stress to become more effective and relaxed
Holly is a master at triggering constructive insight during her engaging and meaningful presentations. She uses creative and interactive methods to instigate unique learning that is converted to action. Her follow-up maximizes the conversion of new learning into sustainable behaviors.
UCSD HR Leadership Program