When it comes to informing, inspiring and engaging employees, giving feedback is the breakfast of champions. Yet, few managers do it well, and fewer still enjoy doing it. If you’re ready to take the next step in becoming a better manager, this book is for you!
Study after study shows that employees crave direct feedback from their managers and supervisors. Effective feedback helps to communicate common purpose and establish clear expectations, maintain alignment, and engage employees. It enables you to track progress, reinforce positive performance, and realign and improve unsatisfactory performance. All of which contribute to building the culture of high performance you need to win.
To achieve these outcomes with your team or organization, you’ll learn:
- Why feedback is critical to the development of a high-performing team
- How to overcome your own internal biases against giving feedback
- The power of positive feedback (and how to give it)
- When, where, and how to give ongoing feedback
- The art of mastering ongoing one-to-one conversations
- The two most powerful words for motivating employees
- How to use rewards and recognition to motivate employees
- How to conduct performance feedback conversations that employees and supervisors actually look forward to
- How to stop the communication games that often disrupt the feedback process
- How to manage difficult performance conversations
The book includes personal evaluation and developmental tools so you can identify where you stand in relation to critical feedback skills and what you need to do to get better. And it’s designed for all levels of managerial skill.
Whether you’re new to giving feedback or a seasoned pro, you’ll come away with tools, tips and techniques for improving your ability to give great feedback!